Friday, February 11, 2011

Safe Essential Oils for Pregnancy

I love essential oils in the bath, in the air, in oil. So far, I've learned that these essential oils are safe during pregnancy and postpartum.

Safe Essential Oils for Pregnancy:


Rose, neroli, jasmine, grapefruit, lavender, ylang-ylang, chamomile, sweet orange, lemon, peppermint (in small quantities), sandalwood, frankincense.

In my doula practice, I  have a secret combo of essential oils, st john's wort oil and almond carrier oil that I use during my relaxation visit pre birth day, and during labor on mamas feet and back. St. John's wort oil is safe on the skin, but not taken internally.

Please use these with caution, as too much of a good thing is never good. Enjoy creating your own combos for bath or use in carrier oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment