Monday, February 28, 2011

All About Me

I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend and I am a Christian above all. My two beautiful children make my life very interesting and filled with love. Their birth experiences were completely different, but both amazing, and the reason I became a doula. My dream is to see mamas and papas completely supported and loved throughout their transition into this new place in life. Birth is transforming, and I wish every parent to know a fully empowered birth experience.


I am both a birth and postpartum doula. I attend both hospital and home births in all of Northern Arizona including Cottonwood, Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott and Prescott Valley. I have been certified for one year with Blessed Expectations Birth Services. I am DONA trained in lactation and will hold a Certified Breastfeeding Counselor certificate after this summer. I have attended 6 births.

As a birth doula, I meet with you 3 times before the birth. The initial consultation is free of charge. The second meeting is to talk over your birth plan. The third meeting is the relaxation meeting at your home where we go over relaxation scripts and I give you a foot massage. I have many ideas for initiating labor or to just distract yourself when you are overdue or ready for baby to come. When it is birth day, I meet you at your place of birth and stay with you until 2 hours postpartum or until mom and baby are resting and breastfeeding. I can help with the initial breastfeeding. A few weeks after birth day, I come to your home and meet with you postpartum, going over what happened on your birth day and making sure you are settling in to this new family successfully.

My passion is for VBAC moms, since I am a VBAC mom myself. I also love to work with repeat clients, teen moms, and people needing special help. I would love to talk to you about the birth of your dreams, and how I can come alongside you to help you achieve your dream. This is YOUR body, YOUR baby, and YOUR birth. You are in control.
As a postpartum doula, I come into your home a few days after your baby is born and you’ve had a few days to adjust. We meet before your due date to go over what you would like help with after baby is born. My duties include light meal preparation, light housekeeping, caring for other siblings, and holding baby while mom gets needed rest or shower. I believe the first month postpartum is your Babymoon and you should be Queen!

I wish to come alongside you and help make your birth and postpartum sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment