Monday, November 22, 2010

Powerful Mantras for Labor and Birth

We have a secret in our culture, it’s not that birth is painful, it’s that women are strong.


Laura Stavoe Harm

The baby inside of me is born vaginally with no complications whatsoever. He arrives on his schedule, near his due date, with no pressure or worry. My labor is short and drug-free, and is much less painful than I think. The baby is perfectly healthy, happy, and filled with love. I am perfectly healthy, happy and filled with love. I am a strong, capable birthing body. The baby is born safely and easily, when he is ready, and he is positioned in the easiest possible way for birth. He will have no fetal distress at any time. Nursing will happen easily and with no complications. He thrives spiritually, emotionally, physically, and intellectually, now, at birth, and forever.



Rosebud



My cervix is like a rosebud.

Ready to open.

I am nurtured by those around me as the rose is nurtured by the soil.

The rosebud gradually, ever so softly, opens and blossoms.

I open and blossom.

My cervix is soft and ripe like the rosebud.

I see the outer petals of the rose falling away.

I see my cervix yielding like the outer petals of the rose.

Every contraction opens another petal of my rosebud cervix.

I welcome each contraction, which helps me open my rosebud cervix.

I welcome and receive all the nurturing around me, which helps me open.

Just like the warm sun opens the rose, the warmth I receive opens my cervix.

I yield and open.

The rose does not resist.

I open and blossom.







Affirmations



I am a wonderful mother.

My body is safe, even though I feel afraid.

I am loved and appreciated.

My strength is abundant.

God takes care of me.

The more I breathe and feel, the more I relax.

With every contraction, I let go to receive my baby.

I open to receive life.

I receive all the love and support I need, I deserve it.

My baby is perfect.

There is no limit to how good I can feel.

I love and trust my body.

Gods love and power flows through me.

I know that my body has the power and capability to give birth naturally to a healthy baby.



I know that my body and baby will decide when the time for arrival is right.



I have faith that my body will journey through labor and arrive at delivery in a positive and healthy manner.



I know I can, I know I can, I know I can....



I visualize myself riding on the wave of contractions and giving my self wholy to their power. I see the baby crowing as my perinium stretches slowly and easily to accomodate my child's head. I feel my body pushing out my baby powerfully and with purpose.



• I am

• My mind is open to

• My body is open to

• My baby is

• My labor is

• Breastfeeding is

• I know

• My body knows ______________.

• I know how to take care of myself in pregnancy.

• My body knows how to give birth.

• My baby knows the true birthday.

• Birth is safe for me and my baby.

• My baby will be born at the perfect time.

• My body knows when to give birth.

• I am a good mother.

• My baby will find the perfect position for birth.

• I love my baby.

• My baby loves me.

• I am a strong woman.

• Contractions help to bring my baby.

• I will make the right decisions for my baby.

• My pregnant body is beautiful.

• My baby senses the peace I feel.

• I accept the help of others.

• My baby's head fit snuggly into my pelvis.

• I accept my labor and birth.

• I am surrounded by those who love and respect me.

• I trust my body.

• I know how to take care of my baby.

• My baby feels my love.

• I will make plenty of breast milk for my baby.

Childbirth is a normal, healthy event

I embrace the concept of healthy pain

I am taking care of myself

I have an attitude of acceptance about my labor

I trust myself in this process, I trust the process of birth

I can have a healthy, positive birth

The power of birth strengthens me, (my partner), my baby

I am able to make the best possible choices in this experience

I can handle the challenges of labor and birth

I am calm and relaxed, every part of me is limp and loose

My baby shares my calmness and confidence

I am able to rest deeply between contractions

I greet each contraction with openness and expansion

My breathing is slow and even

With each breath I breathe in calm and I breathe out tension

With each breath I breathe in confidence and I breathe out fear

I welcome each contraction with my breath.

Every contraction brings me closer to the birth of my baby

My cervix is opening, like a flower

My pelvis is flexible and open

My muscles are warm, heavy, and totally relaxed

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these mantras and affirmations! I am a new doula and really appreciate these tools. Namaste ~

    ReplyDelete